Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lincoln Play Festival Announcement!

Okay, now that I've been informed that actors auditioned for roles in my play this week, I am finally confident enough to officially announce about my newest one-act.

Juergen Tossmann of Bunbury Theatre was kind enough to ask me, along with two other local playwrights (Nancy Gall-Clayton and Dirk Griffin), to contribute new works for an upcoming play festival. (Juergen himself has written a fourth play.) I enthusiastically said yes. After all, Juergen produced my first play at Bunbury as part of their tenth anniversary festival way back in 1995, at my wee age of 21. The festival's theme is pretty clever: not only is it celebrating Bunbury's 23rd anniversary (has it really been 13 years since last time??), but it's a tribute for the 200th birthday of Abraham Lincoln. So, all the plays deal in some way with ol' Abe, and are roughly 23 minutes long.

I don't want to say too much about my play Occasional Poisonings from the Kitchen, except to mention it involves both Mr. Lincoln and the second president to be assassinated, James Garfield . . .

. . . so you'll have to attend the festival to find out the rest.

The Honest Abe 23-Minute Play Festival
February 5-8, 11-15, and 18-22, 2009
Call 585-5306 for ticket information

I'm incredibly excited to be part of the festival, and can't thank Mr. Tossmann enough for giving me another opportunity to have a play staged at Bunbury.